Are you losing your hearing at the following situations?
· You have a problem hearing over the phone.
· you must strain to understand or pick up conversations.
Others complain that you turn the volume up.
Oftentimes, we have a tendency to neglect the hearing sense and take it for granted. Only when there is a loss of hearing do we visit with a doctor. Many of us don’t realize that hearing loss can lead to serious repercussions including cognitive decline, dementia, low self esteem and being treated as pariahs of the society.
Hearing loss should never be neglected if you feel the aforementioned symptoms, and you should seek Otolaryngologist an Audiologist or Otologist’s consultation.
A hearing loss is diagnosed based on behavior, the individual’s history and the outcomes of medical and audiological examinations. You would then be examined to know of the sources for the hearing loss, and if it could be treated. The most common way by which you could suffer from a loss of hearing is using the fluid in the middle ear or wax from the ear canal not being cared for.
There are a several things you can do to hear and cope better in situations which have caused you difficulty in communicating with the support of hearing aids and hearing problem treatments.
In case you are diagnosed with a hearing loss, you have to undergo a hearing test that is full. This test will recognize the degree and kind of hearing loss you may have developed and also determine if hearing aids could help you. The hearing health professional will also recommend the kind of hearing aid that would be suitable for your hearing loss.
A few facts about hearing aids:
· Hearing aids will not correct hearing all at once like glasses vision.
· Helps to pick up sounds and helps you hear in many situations.
· Fixing to your hearing aids takes time and perseverance.
So as to check your hearing, your Physician will put you, this may include:
· Physical examination – Your doctor will look in your ear to discover the possible causes for a hearing loss. Earwax, inflammation from an infection, etc. could be why.
· General screening evaluation – You will be asked to pay one ear at a time to see how you react to other noises and you hear words or pick up.
· Tuning fork test – Tuning forks are. This may evaluate and reveal whether hearing loss is caused by damage to damage to detectors, the vibrating parts of your ear, or nerves of your inner ears or harm to both.
· Audiometer test – You’re made to wear earphones and listen to sounds led to one ear at a time. The audiologist asks you to indicate each time and presents a range of sounds of different frequencies.
Get diagnosed at the earliest!